Confronting Easement And Boundary Disputes
- Clarifying, defining and/or determining rights and parameters
- Negotiating and making agreements
- Resolving disputes
- Recovering compensation for damages
- Forcing another party to perform or cease from actions
Facilitating Clear Agreements
Duggan Pawlowski & Cooke LLP in Buffalo has helped many clients resolve matters such as the following involving easements and boundaries:
- Grant or obtain rights to use portions of adjacent properties (such as to fish in a pond, use water from a stream, drive over another owner’s land or erect a sign overshadowing another property)
- Reach agreements regarding building, dismantling, altering or repairing a fence or wall
- Resolve disagreements regarding interference, obstructions, encroachment, use or maintenance of an easement or boundary
- Prevent situations between neighbors that might lead to an unwanted adverse possession action over time
- Confirm the fate of an easement or boundary after the death of one party, after a conveyance of property or during a state of abandonment of the property
You may need a lawyer’s help to establish legal rights related to an easement or to clarify responsibilities for maintenance of a wall, fence or driveway that includes a boundary line.
For Property Owner Versus Neighbor Disputes
Our attorneys have a great deal of knowledge and experience in all aspects of easements, including resolution of conflicts. In such situations, you need a skilled advocate on your side to compel a neighboring property owner to do something, stop doing something or pay for privileges or damages.
We typically counsel clients toward the most cost-effective way of achieving desired results. This often means resolving disagreements informally or through mediation or arbitration. It may mean settlement negotiations or taking a case before a judge or jury. Our trial lawyers are well-prepared for such cases.
Skilled Negotiators And Litigators
Communication, dedication and results are our mode of operation at this law firm. We want to make sure you understand your case. We are prepared to work hard to get the results you are looking for. Our New York litigation firm serves clients in and around Buffalo and beyond who face easement and boundary disputes and dilemmas.