Landlord-Tenant Law: Protecting Your Interests As A Landlord Or Property Manager
Rental properties can be a significant source of income when managed properly. However, to be successful, every landlord-tenant relationship must be built upon a solid legal foundation.
As a landlord or property manager, you must comply with multiple state and federal regulations. Professional legal guidance is indispensable for navigating these issues. The right attorney can help:
- Protect your rights as a landlord
- Safeguard your investment and financial interests
- Minimize your hassle
- Reduce the risk of disputes
- Avoid pitfalls down the road
Affordable Legal Guidance For Landlords And Property Managers
Fortunately, you don’t have to spend a fortune to get quality legal guidance. At Duggan Pawlowski & Cooke LLP, we provide affordable and cost-effective legal services. Our lawyers can advise you on all aspects of the landlord-tenant relationship. With more than 40 years of combined experience, we understand the many nuances of real estate law.
Based in Buffalo, we work with landlords and property managers throughout greater western New York, providing experienced legal counsel on matters such as:
- Complying with the federal Fair Housing Act, the New York State Human Rights Law and local ordinances
- Securing the right license and maintaining safe housing standards
- Obtaining the right permissions and paperwork for conducting background checks
- Drafting a strong and thorough lease that protects your interests, establishes clear expectations and complies with the law
- Enforcing lease provisions
- Handling disputes with tenants
- Pursuing eviction proceedings, when necessary
At our firm, we prioritize communication, dedication and results. You can expect to work closely with an attorney, getting the answers and individualized attention you deserve.
Find Out How We Can Protect Your Interests
Call 716-575-7870 or contact us online to request a consultation. We’re available weekdays, and evenings and weekends by appointment only.