For fifteen years, Jesse has concentrated his practice on litigation of personal injury matters and insurance coverage disputes. Jesse's legal and business acumen make him especially suited for complex litigation, and he has extensive experience in state and federal courts throughout New York and Pennsylvania. He is proven and effective in every aspect of litigation from pre-suit negotiations to trials and appeals. Jesse's clients appreciate his accessibility, responsiveness, straight-forward advice, focus on cost-effective and creative solutions, and commitment to the highest quality work product.
A native to Western New York, Jesse earned his J.D. and M.B.A. from Arizona State University College of Law (now the Sandra Day O'Connor College of Law) and Arizona State University W.P. Carey School of Business after spending a semester abroad in London at Middlesex University as part of his undergraduate studies at SUNY Buffalo State College. During law school, Jesse was an editor of the Arizona State Law Journal. He graduated with Highest Pro Bono Distinction and was awarded the Dean's Award for his academic achievement and contributions to the community. Jesse is proud to have completed two marathons, but is prouder to now spend most of his free time running after his five children with his wife, Beth.
Areas of Practice
- Insurance Coverage Litigation
- Defense of Insureds and Self-Insureds
- Commercial Litigation
- New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals 2nd Circuit
- U.S. District Court Western District of New York
- U.S. District Court Northern District of New York
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- Arizona State University, College of Law, Tempe, Arizona
- J.D. - 2005
- Honors: With Distinction
- Arizona State University W.P. Carey School of Business, Tempe, Arizona
- M.B.A. - 2005
- State University of New York College at Buffalo
- Major: History
- Dryden Mut. Ins. Co. v. Goessl, 117 A.D.3d 1512, 2014, 4th Dept.
- Teague v. Automobile Ins. Co. of Hartford, Conn., 71 A.D.3d 1584, 2010, 4th Dept.
- Nationwide Mut. Ins. Co. v. Posa, 56 A.D.3d 1143, 2008, 4th Dept.
- Premises Liability: Defense Perspective, NYS Bar Association, 2018
- Investigating First-Party Coverage, NYACT, 2017
- The Examination Under Oath, The CLM, 2016
- Intro to Civil Practice Skills: Torts, NYS Bar Association, 2015
- Bad Faith Litigation, NYS Bar Association, 2014
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Erie County, Member
- New York State Bar Association, Member
- American Bar Associations, Member
Past Employment Positions
- The Long Firm, LLP, Partner, 2014 to 2016
- Kenney Shelton Liptak Nowak LLP, Attorney, 2005 to 2014
- Law Offices of Michael Cordova, Law Clerk, 2005, 2005
- Jennings, Strouss & Salmon, PLC, Summer Associate, 2005, 2005
- VURIA Creative Technology, Legal Content Specialist, 2004 to 2005
- Kenney Shelton Liptak Nowak LLP, Summer Associate, 2005, 2005
- Arizona Center for Disability Law, 5-credit Extern, 2004, 2004
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the District of Arizona, 5-credit Extern, 2003, 2003